Join Hope Corps' surf-focused service retreat at Magnific Rock Popoyo! Venture off your surfboard and immerse yourself in Nicaraguan culture.
The surf-focused service trips offer a refreshing twist to the typical Hope Corps schedule. Volunteers spend half of the week learning to surf one of Nicaragua's most friendly breaks and the other half of the week working hand-in-hand with the community to renovate a local primary school and create space for a music room.
Surf the waves and make a lasting impact. Surf & Serve.
Earlier this year, Hope Corps and local partner Magnfic Rock Popoyo partnered to make some much-needed renovations to the Las Salinas School that included repairing the entire roof and rehabilitating some of the existing classrooms to make space for a music room for the preschool students. Phase one of this project was completed in July 2017, and phase two will include finishing the classroom and making space for a community meeting room.
About your Surf & Serve Nicaragua trip:
- Daily surf opportunities at one of Nicaragua's most coveted surf breaks
- Daily service work with the community at the Las Salinas School
- 3 healthy, locally sourced meals per day
- Private airport transportation to and from Magnfic Rock from Managua
- One restorative yoga class